Monday, May 30, 2011

The joys of walking shelter dogs in springtime





It's always so much fun to walk shelter dogs when the flowers are in bloom. This little 6 month old darling is Sara, the Black Lab Border Collie mix (with one blue eye), available for adoption http://www.humanesocietyofthepalouse.org/wp/?page_id=12. A perfect combination of friendly and smart. She passed all my good dog, tests. She came to me when I sat down, and shared affection. She looked back at me during our walk. She got along with my Aussie Cash, walked nicely on the leash. For a 6 month old puppy stuck in a shelter she was sweet, well mannered, medium energy level, and smart, traits which are not always easy to come by in an abandoned dog. She even came to me when I called her, and sat when I told her to "sit". What a sweetie pie, she can only get better from here, as she is still young. It makes me wonder why someone would get rid of such a nice puppy, but then I wonder a lot when working with shelter dogs.

2 comments:

  1. What a neat little dog, if I was looking to get another one I would take her in a heartbeat...hope she finds a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr. H, She really is a nice dog, who's eager to please. She tugged more at my heartstrings than on the leash! Nice progress you guys are making on your gardens.

    ReplyDelete